- To provide every student of English with further opportunities for extending their knowledge and experience of the cultures of other people as well as opportunities for personal and intellectual development, further studies, pleasure and work in the English medium.
- To enable every student to prepare for the changing socio-economic demands resulting from advances in information technology; these demands include the interpretation, use and production of materials for pleasure, study and work in the English medium.
- Incorporate readers of different themes into a school-based curriculum. Teachers design different learning activities to develop students’ language skills in reading, writing, speaking, listening and higher-order thinking skills. Holistic reading strategies will be infused to enhance students’ reading skills.
- To develop students’ reading habits and interest in reading through school-based reading activities such as Morning Story Reading Time, Reading Buddies Programme and Rising Readers Reading Programme and STEAM Reading Corner.
- To facilitate the development of a reading culture by collaborating with Library Department and utilizing the e-reading platform in order to promote values education.
Students acquire generic skills such as collaboration, communication, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, computer literacy, values and attitudes through project learning. Creativity and presentation skills will be promoted. Students are able to demonstrate their information technology skills by using different software or Apps such as Google Slides, Book Creator etc.
Self-directed Learning and e-Learning
To leverage e-Learning through the effective use of IT tools to enhance students’ learning motivation, participation and facilitate self- directed learning. Teachers design theme-based tasks for different levels which involve IT tools for interactive learning and self-directed learning.
Cross-curricular Learning Activities
To connect English learning to real life and promote Language across the Curriculum (LaC) to enhance students’ language proficiency by collaborating with other KLAs. A cross-curricular activity-The Fun Day, will be conducted to promote students’ biliterate and trilingual communication skills.
To enrich students’ learning experiences by providing students with a variety of extra-curricular activities.
Solo Verse Speaking
Students in different levels to develop art of speaking verse and
increase self confidence
Choral Verse Speaking
Students in KS1 and KS2 interpret, memorize and perform poetry. They also learn to appreciate the poem.
- To enhance students’ speaking skills by integrating different speaking activities in diversity learning.
- Grammar Hunt (P.1)
- Storytelling and Craft (P.2)
- Smart Talk (P.3)
- Sharpen your English (P.4)
- Public Speaking (P.5)
- Speak Up (P.6)
- Other learning activities / programmes
- Fun Day
- English Chat Day
- SJS Channel
- Writing competitions
- e.g. Hong Kong Budding Poets (English) Award
- EEGU Penmanship Competition
- Interview training
- Rising Reader Reading Programme (P.2)
- Reading Buddies Programme (P.1,3)
- STEAM Reading Corner (P.5, 6)
- Morning Story Reading Time (P.1-2)
English buddy read with our student during lunch break.
Our students played different games in the English lesson.
Our students performed puppet shows in class.
Prize giving ceremony for the best performers in the puppet show.
Students enjoyed playing different games in the English Fun Day.
English embassadors participated in the English Fun Day by hosting different game booths.